Ashridge Estate Beginners Photography Course
Learn how to use your camera on a one day photography course.
This full day beginners photography course is suitable for people who wish to learn the basics of photography. It will take you from shooting in automatic mode and hoping for the best, to shooting in aperture priority mode and taking control of the camera to get the images you want.
By the end of the day you will know which settings on your camera will have the biggest impact on your photos. We aim to leave you feeling inspired and motivated to capture stunning photographs. Small group numbers mean there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions and put your new knowledge into practice.
The Photography Course
Thos beginners photography course will cover:
- Fundamentals of composition
- Camera settings, and which to use in different situations
- Things to think about when photographing landscapes and people
- The basics of the exposure triangle
- How to create an image with a blurry background
- Light and how it affects your images
- Equipment advice, and how it impacts the photos you take
- Common mistakes to avoid
- Best locations in the estate for taking photos at this time of year
Feedback From Previous Attendees
'Having been an enthusiastic amateur many years ago in the days of manual cameras and film, my main aim was to learn how to get the best out of my digital camera. Lyndsey delivered on that and more, and inspired me to get out with my camera more often'.
'Thoroughly enjoyed the day, feel I understand much more than I did'.
'Just to say a big thank you for the day at Ashridge, it was great fun and I learnt a lot'.
Lyndsey has a relaxed and informative approach to teaching. She runs photography courses in Berkhamsted year round (www.littleduckling.co.uk), and works as a professional photographer spending large amounts of time at the Ashridge Estate (www.lyndseyabercromby.co.uk).
- The course runs from 10am - 4pm.
- Please bring the camera equipment that you would normally use ((preferably
a DSLR or mirrorless camera). If you are not sure whether your camera is suitable please contact email@example.com for advice.
- Since this workshop is outside for parts of the day, please dress appropriately for the weather conditions. The weather plays a very important role in the images we create, and we will use the weather that is present on the day of our workshop in our images. In the case of inclement weather, attendees will have the option of further indoor activities in lieu of going outside.
- You are free to remain in the estate after the workshop ends to continue practicing your new skills.
- Hot drinks are provided. Lunch is available to purchase from the onsite cafe or you may bring your own.
- Under 16's welcome but must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Full joining instructions will be provided before the event.
- Gift vouchers are available.
Saturday 11th June 2022, Monday 20th June 2022