It’s not often we get a good covering of snow in Berkhamsted. When we do, sledging is a popular activity! Read on to find places to sledge near Berkhamsted. This list covers places close to the centre of town, as well as a couple a short drive away.
- Bridgewater School – Immediately outside the school is a good sized slope, ideal for children. On a snowy day it’s very popular. If the snow is deep and the road is closed it is possible to sledge down the hill outside the school, then drop down the kerb onto the road, and continue your adventures down the hill.
- Northchurch Common – Not too far away from Bridgewater School but a completely different set up. The hills that make up the south western side of Northchurch common are crisscrossed with paths that you can sledge down. Some paths have posts and logs at the bottom of the slope so you need to steer carefully or pick your path with care.
- Butts Meadow – Another spot close to the centre of Berkhamsted that is popular with families. Butts Meadow, and the field above Butts Meadow are both suitable for sledging.
- Berkhamsted Cricket Club – Located in Berkhamsted, just up from the castle. This is another sledging location that is walking distance from the centre of town.
- Golden Valley – If the roads are clear then Golden Valley, located near Little Gaddesdon just outside of Berkhamsted, offers a stunning location for your sledging fix. It’s also in the shadow of Ashridge House, which has a cafe open somedays for post-sledging refreshments.
Not got a sledge? Click here to check out 5 places that may have sledges for sale near Berkhamsted.
Do you know of any other places to sledge near Berkhamsted that should be on this list? Please let me know and I’ll add them to the list.
Find Out More
To book a family photoshoot please get in touch, or read more information on family photoshoots here.